[ntp:questions] NTP+ NMEA +GPS +PPS

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Aug 23 18:46:45 UTC 2014

On 23/08/2014 17:04, valizadeh65 at gmail.com wrote:
> thanks David
>
> Yes it works fine with the SerialPortLEDs. The DCD blinks in that software.
> In my GPS engine the PPS length is 100msec.
>
> The problem is that when I start the NTP, I only can see the NMEA driver working. No PPS is recognized by the NTP.
>
> As I mentioned above I have already installed SerialPPS, serialpps-ppsapi-provider.dll, ...
>
> 1- Is 100ms enough to trig the NTPd?
> 2- Any precautions in using win_server_2008/64?
> 3- Shall the PPS be seen in ntp status (ntp-q) even when no PPS is connected to DCD pin? ("only server 127.127.22.1" is written in ntp.conf and SerialPPS is installed)

1 - Yes.

2 - I've never used that version of server, sorry.

3 - Yes, but with a zero reach.  (Altough, all I have seen is a long
time since the last connection, when I accidentally knocked a connector
out.)

I take it you installed the signed version of the driver, not the
unsigned?  If you look at the list of driver files for the COM port does
it include serialpps.sys.  I recall that one of the .BAT files didn't
work correctly at one time, but I didn't write them!  You added the
SYSTEM environment variable, I presume?

--
Cheers,
David