[ntp:questions] NTP+ NMEA +GPS +PPS

valizadeh65 at gmail.com valizadeh65 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:46:43 UTC 2014

Hi  again !
David and Brian, Thank you both for your comments
I tested out the GPS on a win_XP Operating system, and now PPS is seen in (ntpq-p).
I am sure now that the problem is related to "serialpps" driver in Win_2008_R2/64bit.

Here are what I have done:
a-	Installed "serialpps-20120321-signed"
b-	Ensured that "\serialpps-20120321-signed\serialpps\x64\serialpps.sys" was copied to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers"
c-	Ensured that serialpps.sys is seen in "driver file details" in COMport properties window
d-	Made Environment Variable with Name:  PPSAPI_DLLS and Value:\ ...\serialpps-ppsapi-provider.dll

1-	Any other way to investigate where the problem arise from? How to make sure the serial pps is working or not?

By the way...
I encounter a new problem in win xp now! The PPS is recognized as a "falseticker". Because the problem is somehow from a different kind, I made a new topic for this problem.