[ntp:questions] GPS NG type 46 refclock tests

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Sat Dec 6 20:50:13 UTC 2014

[I just don't understand why NTP people like GPSD]

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 4:29 AM, David Taylor <
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>   ln -s /dev/ttyAMA0 /dev/gps0

Sure that can work.  I haven't looked at Refclock 46 in any detail though.

> Secondly, in the documentation "TVP" is mentioned.  It would be helpful if
> it were defined, but is not.  I guess time-velocity-position?  As I have
> those in cgps -s I appear to be covered, but what about the other objects?
> WATCH, PPS and version are listed.  How you I know whether I have these?

It's TPV not TVP and yes it's time-position-velocity.  This is all
"explained" here: <http://www.catb.org/gpsd/gpsd_json.html>
WATCH and VERSION are commands sent by the client to the server.  TPV and
PPS are responses sent by the server to the client.  I'm sure they're fully
supported in your instance.