[ntp:questions] Number of Stratum 1 & Stratum 2 Peers

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Sat Dec 6 22:04:38 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Rob <nomail at example.com> wrote:

> Not clients, management stations.

As opposed to one server dies and the Nagios server has bad time so it
shuts down the remaining NTPd.  The world is full of crazy things.

>  The 4 is suggested as a minimum with more recommended.
> That is not reasonable for a company with 100 systems, as the poster
> brought forward.

Actually I'm pretty sure the OP was confused and thought the recommendation
was for 8 servers.  4 S1 and 4 S2.

Your opinion about what's reasonable is just that.  You have no more
credibility than Bill.  In fact "use the pool when my two servers are down"
<nomail at example.com> has less.