[ntp:questions] Poul-Henning Kamp and re-write of NTP

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Mon Dec 8 12:50:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 4:46 AM, David Woolley <
david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote:

> There is a lot of confusion in the community about this because of the
> concept of a system peer, and simplistic explanations of what this means.

Yet I wouldn't expect phk to have a simplistic understanding of this.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 6:32 AM, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
> wrote:

> However, after I had added some NTP servers on the LAN to the
> configuration and these servers were accepted as "candidates" marked with a
> '+' in the output from "ntpq -p" the loopstats became much worse,

I think it's sufficient to turn on debugging to see something informative
although I might have added an extra debug line.