[ntp:questions] NTP & PPS, part 2 ;)

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Sat Dec 13 02:48:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:

> In how many places should that be documented?  Where should it be
> documented in the NTP distribution, or on any of the websites?

Not to be (too) flip but I'd create a file called :README.1ST with some
text like:
Much of the documentation here was written when Netscape was a company that
produced a popular HTML browser.  It's currently about as useful as
Netscape-the-browser.  That is mostly of historical interest.

Current users start reading here ...

And then start over fresh.

Which web site?  Well not the one that says "The names of the programs: Is
it ntpd or xntpd?"

And get rid of the atrociously colored pages.  Or at least the atrocious
colors.  It's 2015 not 1995.