[ntp:questions] ATOM driver not working on Linux

Mon Dec 15 04:36:29 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-14 14:01, William Unruh wrote:
> On 2014-12-14, Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at SystematicSw.ab.ca> wrote:
>> On 2014-12-14 05:43, David Taylor wrote:
>>> I cheated:
>>>
>>>     cp /usr/include/sys/timepps.h  /user/include
>>                                       /usr/ I hope?
>>> and it compiles and runs with PPS support.  Should I submit a bug report?
>>
>> Better cheat:
>>
>> rm -i /usr/include/timepps.h
>> ln -rs /usr/include/sys/timepps.h /usr/include/
>>
>> That way you don't have to remember to update /usr/include/ copy
>> when you update .../sys/ copy.
>
> Has it changed in 10 years?

In 2005 it became part of the Linux kernel; in 2007 it became part of pps-tools;
in 2010 pps-tools adapted time_pps_kcbind from PHK BSD original as at 2005.

In my experience, it will never happen, happens between 6 hours and 6 months after release!
It's handy if you can just rebuild at that time with -DNEVER_HAPPEN to fix the problem. ;^>
See other thread references to release engineering.

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis