[ntp:questions] ATOM driver not working on Linux

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Mon Dec 15 04:52:24 UTC 2014

Paul writes:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 9:12 AM, David Taylor <
> david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
> > With sys/timepps.h present I got an ntp which didn't see PPS and produced
> > a "clock type 22 invalid" error message, with  timepps.h present the
> > executable runs PPS correctly.
>
> Although these sorts of responses tend toward useless I built p485 with
> sys/timepps.h on my 64-bit Ubuntu 12 S1 which is ATOM only.

My bad - refclock 22 is the ATOM driver.

If you look around line 1658 of configure.ac in ntp-dev you will see
that in order to build the ATOM/PPSAPI we need:

 - 'inline' support
 - struct timespec
 - timepps.h or sys/timepps.h or be on SunOS, Solaris, SCO, or NetBSD

and if the above 3 cases are true we #define HAVE_PPSAPI .