[ntp:questions] ATOM driver not working on Linux

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Dec 15 08:13:04 UTC 2014

On 14/12/2014 23:59, Harlan Stenn wrote:
[]
> You mean "with sys/timepps.h present", right?
>
> If clock type 22 is invalid then configure is not being passed the
> --enable-parse-clocks option.
>
> You might also need to remove any top-level config.cache* files.

Harlan,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I could not find any config.cache* files,
but perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place?

   find / -name "config.cache*"

So I deleted everything to do with compiling NTP, and re-ran the tar
command to build the source tree.  I removed the /usr/include/timepps.h
file, leaving me with just /usr/include/sys/timepps.h, and the configure:

   ./configure --enable-linuxcaps

This time, there were no error messages relating to timepps.h, and the
compiled ntp runs with PPS support.

What /may/ have happened is that I did the first compile /before/
installing pps-tools.

Thanks to you, Brian, Paul and the others who helped.
--
Cheers,
David