[ntp:questions] NTP & PPS, part 2 ;)

Rob nomail at example.com
Mon Dec 15 08:50:05 UTC 2014

Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
> Rob writes:
>> Paul <tik-tok at bodosom.net> wrote:

>>> This is an example of what NTF doesn't want to deal with.  My instance of
>>> Wheezy doesn't have ntp-dev.
>>
>> No, I am talking about the ntp-dev package from the NTP developers
>> themselves.  Even in the provided Debian package the build
>> dependencies are not OK.
>
> We no longer have an active maintainer for the debian package.
>
> One solution to this is for a qualified person/group to take over the
> maintenance of that package.
>
> The other is for us to delete it on our end, and let some "outside"
> party handle it as they see fit.

I suggest that you append ", pps-tools" to the line starting with
"Build-Depends:" in the .dsc file for the package.

But I guess I am not qualified for that task since I do no know what
releng is and did not read chapter 13 of some book.

So you will need to find a qualified person to do that, and probably
pay him.

(no wonder that you cannot get active contributors!  sheeesh...)