[ntp:questions] Number of Stratum 1 & Stratum 2 Peers

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Dec 16 12:42:22 UTC 2014

An alternative is that we get enough support to advance NTF's General
Timestamp API, and then we can run systems on either TAI or UTC and
these conversions will happen automatically.

Since timescale files in the GTSAPI are "versioned", one could still use
an obsolete leapsecond file, and while those UTC timestamps would be
"wrong" if a new leapsecond was added, these timestamps would be
correctable when a new version of the UTC timescale file was available.
Sorry for the long sentence - it's getting close to 0500 for me and I'm
getting tired.