[ntp:questions] ATOM driver not working on Linux

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Dec 16 14:16:14 UTC 2014

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> David Taylor writes:
>> I have a newly installed 64-bit Linux Debian 7.7 system where I am
>> trying to bring up NTP with PPS support.  Using ppstest /dev/pps0 I get
>> the expected assert messages.  I have gpsd configured and working.
>> Having configured and compiled NTP I get the error message:
>>
>>     clock type 22 invalid
>
> That's the parse refclocks.

Nope. The parse clocks are type 8.

> Did you configure with --enable-parse-clocks ?

That should not be required to have support for the ATOM driver be
compiled in.

On the other hand, I've just been in contact with someone else claiming
that support for driver 28 was not been compiled in unless
--enable-parse-clocks was passed to ./configure.

I couldn't duplicate this, yet, but we should have a closer look at this
before RC becomes the next release.

Martin