[ntp:questions] Default total number of servers NTP wants to have when using pool .....

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Dec 17 12:04:04 UTC 2014

I'd love to see discussion about "what should the default number of
servers queried be for the 'pool' directive?"

There is clearly a tradeoff, and I'm inclined to say that "between 5 and
9" is probably a good number.  It's certainly easy enough for folks to
join the pool, and I'd like to make that easier.

Having said that, this is clearly a case where the "current reality" can
change, and this is something the web-based ntp.conf generator (that NTF
wants to make available) should easily be able to handle.

We need some support to get this going, volunteers and/or $ will do it.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>