[ntp:questions] Number of Stratum 1 & Stratum 2 Peers

Rob nomail at example.com
Wed Dec 17 11:59:22 UTC 2014

Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote:
> IMO the GPS system designers have made quite a number of wise decisions,
> e.g. letting the GPS time simply increase monotonically, which is, from
> a technical/usage point of view, similar to TAI.

That decision was wise.  The decision to express date in weeks and put
it in a 10-bit field was not so wise.  Oh well.

> AFAIK the GLONASS satellites use UTC instead, which causes an
> interruption in the sequence of data frames whenever a leap second occurs.

I think GLONASS uses "Moscow local time".

I read that Galileo also has its own time scale (GST) synchronized to TAI
and it broadcasts the time offset to GPS time expressed in nanoseconds.