[ntp:questions] "No association ID's returned" after a period of time

saxenaakash90 at gmail.com saxenaakash90 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:08:17 UTC 2014

hello all,
please help me in configuring broadcast ntp server and client.

I have configured NTP version 4.2.6 server on fedora 20 machine. server side I am using local system time and given a broadcast subnet and all other options are disabled and on client's side I enabled only broadcast client. I haven't given server's address as according to my understanding server should broadcast NTP packets and client will automatically listen NTP packets and will get sync. but my NTP client is not syncing with server. please help me with all possibilities.