[ntp:questions] NTP & PPS, part 2 ;)

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Fri Dec 19 00:01:52 UTC 2014

E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists writes:
>> Somebody wrote:
>>> So it should not be a problem to include something like

>>> #elif defined ( LINUX ) || defined( FREEBSD )
>>>   #include <timepps.h>
>>> #endif

Why would FREEBSD be included in that clause?  FreeBSD comes with
/usr/include/sys/timepps.h that works just fine, and furthermore the
header file you cite includes linux/types.h which does not exist under
most FreeBSD machines.  This causes me to doubt that this suggestion has
been properly tested.

If we do this, the file would be called (and #include'd as)
timepps-linux.h .  It will *not* be called timepps.h .

That file is OK as GPL2.  If it is ever upgraded and goes to GPL3, it
will be *removed* from the distribution if it does not include a license
exception.