[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.8 for Windows

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Sat Dec 20 09:35:05 UTC 2014

Folks,

ntp 4.2.8 has been released and includes a few security fixes.

Unfortunatly these fixes which have been included after 4.2.7p485-RC
break building the original tarball for Windows.

I have a temporary fix for this and compiled 4.2.8 for Windows. A ZIP
file with the binaries is available here:
http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/windows/ntp-4.2.8-stable-debug.zip

This also includes the current version of the openSSL DLL.

If you already have NTP for Windows installed you can easily upgrade
with a few steps:

- stop the NTP service

- extract the executables from the ZIP archive

- copy the extracted executables over the ones existing in the
installation folder, e.g.
C:\Program files\NTP\bin  or
C:\Program files (x86)\NTP\bin
Please note you may need admin rights (i.e. "Run As Administrator ...")
to update the files.

- start the NTP service

We (Meinberg) will try to roll up a new GUI installer on Monday, and of
course I will push the patch which fixes the build to the NTP repo.

Martin