[ntp:questions] What to do for clients less than 4.2.8?

Rob nomail at example.com
Sun Dec 21 11:38:41 UTC 2014

David Woolley <david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid> wrote:
> On 21/12/14 10:48, Rob wrote:
>> People say "disable crypto" but there is no clear direction in the docs
>> on how to do that.  There is no "crypto off" or "disable crypto" config
>> directive at first glance.  So how is this done?
>
> I would assume by not enabling it.

Ok, but in that case why the worry about the "millions of vulnerable
servers" on the internet, I think most users who just want to get and
serve time don't spend the week of time needed to get the crypto working
and to coordinate with other servers doing the same.

So for now I presume it is on by default...  also because of what I saw
in the OpenSUSE example config.  (or would the "keys" config directive
be the magic enable crypto directive?)