[ntp:questions] NTP server not reducing polling interval on upstream hosts

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Dec 28 08:34:40 UTC 2014

Not sure if I replied to this already or not - I found this in my Draft
folder.

Paul writes:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 1:59 AM, Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
> > This is why I frequently solicit volunteer help as well as financial
> > support.  If we get enough financial support I can start hiring
> > developers.
>
> Is there some (planned) relationship between phk's funded work (or the
> results) and ntp.org?

Yes, PHK and I are each partially funded to do NTP development work.

The results of each of our efforts are being "published" by NTF.  The reason
ntimed is going there instead of to ntp.org is that ntimed will be speaking
both NTP and PTP, so NTF is the better "parent" for that work than ntp.org .