[ntp:questions] What to do for clients less than 4.2.8?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Dec 23 10:56:32 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 23 December 2014 00:47:14 William Unruh did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 2014-12-23, Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
> > Martin Burnicki writes:

> >> Yes. I agree that this information should have been available
> >> immediately with the first alert. This would have avoided much
> >> trouble.
> >
> > And if we had realized all of this at first alert we would have.
> >
> > The announcement came out 3 days' later than I wanted.  I'd been
> > working on this for 2 solid weeks by then.
>
> Thank you very much.

I'll certainly second that. 3 days after it went public did seem like a
very short time.  To all who have been working on it, many thanks.

And, the fix has made its way to the 10.04.4 LTS repo's already, so my
build problem is solved.

And I could cut the traffic to the servers by 2/3rds if I could make this
machine a server for my local network.  But thats a separate question I'll
ask once the moderator clears my posts.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)