[ntp:questions] NTP Pool Server Costs me $40/mo in Bandwidth--is there a suggested way to rate-limit?

Thu Jun 19 20:08:16 UTC 2014

Brian Inglis wrote:
> BlackLists wrote:

>> restrict -4 default limited kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
>> restrict 127.0.0.1
>> restrict -6 default limited kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
>> restrict ::1
>> restrict 224.0.1.1 mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify
>> restrict source nomodify

These above lines are relevant regardless of a static IP;
{Many of them are perhaps necessary if you are going to
   expose your NTP server to the internet.}

>> restrict aa.bb.cc.dd  mask ww.xx.yy.zz nomodify # your LAN

Only this one line is relevant to a static IP. -^

> FYI thought this could be handy info,
>  but untested as I do not have a static IP:

  will be added to the BlackLists.