[ntp:questions] Not being able to sync the embedded target (client) with the host (server)

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Mar 14 16:05:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was told that this would not be a bug, although I could not figure
out yet why it is not working. As far as I know, this should work
simply by putting the following two lines into the client
configuration:

driftfile /etc/ntp.drift
server 192.168.A.B iburst

Yet, the time is not getting sync'd. This is the server configuration, fwiw:

server 0.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 3.pool.ntp.org iburst

# restrict default kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
# restrict -6 default kod nomodify notrap nopeer noquery

restrict 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify

restrict 127.0.0.1
restrict -6 ::1

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
logfile /var/log/ntp.log

I do not see any error in the syslog either. I have tried to use "ntpd
-q" for a one-shot set without much luck. I am probably doing
something fundamentally wrong, but I was not able to figure out yet.

Cheers, L.