[ntp:questions] IEEE 1588 (PTP) at the nanosecond level?

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Thu Mar 20 00:03:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Brian Inglis <
Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca> wrote:

> While 1ns precision may be doable, accuracy depends on what
> controls the GM, and its traceability to a reference.

Sure.  My point is I haven't seen a use case in this thread for nanosecond
*accuracy* relative to the TAI paper clock.  Actually I haven't seen a use
case for anything -- just some wishful thinking.  Getting and keeping a GM
in (sub)nanosecond phase with any national lab would appear to be a much
larger problem than worrying about which lab you decide to use as a label
on the side of the box.