[ntp:questions] problem with pool directive?

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Tue Nov 11 17:14:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM, David Taylor <
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

As a Linux novice, I have to ask what are sysstats?  On Raspian, at least,
> I get command not found.

sysstats is an NTP statistics option.  It's not a system command.

> I have always found the restriction options very confusing, but given the
> lines to allow full access from 192.168.0.x, and no external incoming
> access, I would gladly add those lines in and see what the resulting
> problems might be with the pool command.  I'm only running IPv4 at the
> moment.  I can try on one system first, of course.

restrict default notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict default notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict 127.0.0.1
restrict ::1
restrict 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 peer

This is pretty standard stuff.  However that's not what Brian is talking
about.  He thinks you have ntpd instances on public routable addresses
possibly because of your website.  And you might but it doesn't sound like
it.