[ntp:questions] NTP server not reducing polling interval on upstream hosts

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri Oct 17 10:57:44 UTC 2014

On 17/10/2014 04:25, Phil W Lee wrote:
[]
> Can I upgrade by just swapping a newer binary in?
> I'm not really far enough up the FreeBSD learning curve to work out
> why I'm getting errors trying to build a newer one from source (I did
> at least try).

I've put the Intel binaries I am currently using here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/FreeBSD-ntp.4.2.7p476.zip

Be sure to take a backup of your own binaries first!  No promises, but
perhaps nothing ventured, nothing gained?  They are the ones I'm using
on my own system:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_pixie.php

--
Cheers,