[ntp:questions] NTP time synchronization issue in linux embedded target

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu Sep 4 10:07:25 UTC 2014

Murugesh S wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This email is regarding NTP time synchronization issue that we see in our linux embedded systems.
> NTP version that is being used: 4.2.6p4.

A basic question here is which timers are provided by the hardware, and
if the timer the Linux kernel uses for timekeeping is properly supported
by the Linux kernel, so that the undisciplined system time would
increase at a constant rate.

If the undisciplined system time doesn't increase at a constant rate
then ntpd will be unable to fix this anyway.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren