[ntp:questions] Compensating for asymmetric delay on a per-peer/server basis?

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Tue Sep 9 21:11:48 UTC 2014

Replying to "Rob":

> Yes, you can use:  fudge 1.2.3.4 time1 -0.002  or similar.
> see the manual.

This didn't work.  And the following error message appeared in my syslog:

    inappropriate address 10.0.229.163 for the fudge command,
    line ignored

As best I can tell from the online manual, the "fudge" command is
defined only for local reference clocks and has no effect on peers
or servers.

I checked the manual before asking my question but couldn't find
anything.  If there is something there that will help me with this
problem, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me exactly where to
look.

Rich Wales
richw at richw.org