[ntp:questions] Compensating for asymmetric delay on a per-peer/server basis?

Rob nomail at example.com
Thu Sep 11 21:09:46 UTC 2014

Paul <tik-tok at bodosom.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:29 PM, William Unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:
>> I doubt that NAT would add much assymetry
>
> NAT is symmetric.  Otherwise it wouldn't work.  But I don't see how
> that's part of anything at hand.

I never claimed it is part of the asymmetry, I only mentioned it because
usually you use a private IP range on a LAN, so when you are both on
a LAN and on Internet you either have two different IP addresses (as I do)
or you have NAT between an external address and your LAN range.
The NAT is not causing asymmetry but it makes it more difficult to separate
the internal from the external traffic.