[ntp:questions] NTP shared memory driver

Claudio Persico clouddese at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:48:35 UTC 2014

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I've just modified my test application. Now it works till 10000 seconds of difference (4 hours is too much even for the first big time jump allowed by -g option).

My question now is: since my system is a battery powered one, and the batteries are very often removed so the time always starts at the epoch time (1970) or something very old, is there a way to make NTP work with a so big "time jump"?

I have a solution in my mind, but I would like to know what do you think, because I'm not so experienced.

Thanks in advance,
Claudio