[ntp:questions] Linux and rlimit memlock

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Apr 29 07:20:03 UTC 2015

Folks,

We've been fielding bug reports about glibc and rlimit memlock for a
while now.  We haven't gotten any closer to finding a useful solution to
this.

I'd like to make these bug reports go away.

The best idea I have right now is to declare that if we're building for
a linux target that we default rlimit memlock to 0, which disables
memory locking.  If folks on these machines want to lock ntpd into
memory they can put a value that works for them into their ntp.conf
file.

Does anybody want to try and talk me out of this?

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://networktimefoundation.org  - be a member!