[ntp:questions] what's the matter with my ntp

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Fri Aug 28 09:49:59 UTC 2015

I should have also signaled, that if this is the only sick instance:
 then it might be that the drift file has a bad value to start with. That can throw ntpd.
Try stopping ntpd, removing the drift file, and then restarting ntpd.
Bad drift files can have the clock so badly off nominal frequency that you will need to power cycle the client. Rebooting may not be sufficient.