[ntp:questions] chrony as a server

David Lord snews at lordynet.org
Mon Feb 16 12:56:27 UTC 2015

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:29:31AM +0100, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 09:59:27AM +0000, Rob wrote:
>>> I have strace'd the daemon and I see that it does receive the datagram
>>> from the socket, but it does not send a reply.
>> Hm, interesting. Can you post what follows that recvmsg() call?
>>
>> You could try running it with -d -d (after it's compiled with
>> --enable-debug) and see if there are any debug messages indicating why
>> it's dropping the client request. If there aren't any, you could try
>> it with chrony-2.0-pre1 and see if it's different.
>
> BTW, could it be that the client is one of the servers configured in
> chrony.conf? The client request from the configured server would be
> dropped as an invalid reply to chrony's own client request. This bug
> was in 1.30 and 1.31, it should be fixed in 2.0-pre1.

Hi

I've just fetched chrony-2.0-pre1. It seemed to compile and
install ok on NetBSD-6/i386. The client IS one of the servers
configured in chrony.conf and it behaved same as with 1.31.
That was it, as restart after the client had been removed from
chrony.conf the client picked up a reply from chrony. So that
bug still needs fixing.

David