[ntp:questions] Type 28 driver (gpsd, SHM) - understanding "flag1"

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Feb 22 11:13:08 UTC 2015

On 21/02/2015 19:00, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> David Taylor writes:
[]
>>     http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-quickstart.html
>>     http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html
>
> Yes, that is appropriate material for the site.  There are already pages
> for how to build for certain other platforms, and there is some fairly
> specific information about both hardware, BIOS, and software issues for
> some very specific platforms.
>
> Adding to that list on the support.ntp.org site *really* helps because
> it gets people to look there first, and when they see that the content
> has been added or improved by others they feel more comfortable adding
> or improving content themselves.
>
> Of course I do not actually *know* how other folks feel in this regard -
> it's my belief.
>
>> I can add a pointer to your site if you would like to suggest a suitable
>> starting page.
>
> The easy solution would be links to:
>
> - www.ntp.org		The NTP Project Site
> - support.ntp.org	The NTP Suppport Project
> - nwtime.org/why-join	Become a supporting member of Network Time Foundation
> - nwtime.org/donate	Donations to Network Time Foundation
> - www.nwtime.org	The NTF main site
>
> We're happy to help in this area and recognize the efforts of folks and
> sites that help NTF be a success.

Thanks for that Harlan.  I've added those links to both my Raspberry Pi
and Windows setup pages, so I hope that will help.

I'm not going to copy the material I already have to the NTP support
site, as copies always get out of date and not updated when the master
is updated, but if someone wants to add links pointing to my pages they
are very welcome.  Anyone doing that might include the Windows how-to at:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

--
Cheers,
David