[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.8 for Windows, not branded

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Sat Jan 10 11:34:27 UTC 2015

On 09/01/15 15:58, trackeroftime at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for compiled NTP 4.2.8 for Windows. I know Meinberg's version but unfortunately it is branded.
> Does anybody know such binary package?
> I want to avoid compiling it by myself if I can.
>
> best regards
> Johny

Johny,

What Meinberg have done is to (1) compile ntpd and (2) wrap it into an
installer. Because the upstream ntpd does not include a Windows installer.

It would also be possible to just take the binaries (for example the
ones David makes available), manually put them in the right places on
the Windows machine, manually set the thing up as a service, etc. In
other words, to manually do the work of an installer.

Your choice.

HTH, Jan