[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.8 for Windows, not branded

William Unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Sun Jan 11 04:22:44 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-10, Rob <nomail at example.com> wrote:
> William Unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello William,
>>>
>>> 1. The installer is branded:
>>> http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html
>>
>> I still have no idea what you are talking about. Meinberg, a company,
>> makes available for free a version of ntp compiled to run on Windows.
>> What is branded about that?
>
> "branded" means that the name and/or logo of that company/brand appears on
> the screen during the installation phase and maybe later is left in some
> files on the system.

And this is a problem why? (Note that ntpd runs in the background, so
there is nowhere for the logo to show). The name of the University of
Delaware, a company, also remains in files on the system.
And you could always do a search of the installed files for the name Meinberg,

It thus sounds of my three options, the best for you would be not to run
ntpd.