[ntp:questions] Leap second to be introduced in June

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at tmsw.no
Wed Jan 14 16:37:12 UTC 2015

Paul wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 5:00 AM, Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen at tmsw.no>
> wrote:
>
>> By _far_ the largest majority of all system time calls are asking for the
>> _current_ time, right?
>

> Are there (common) systems that have kernel calls for other than the
> current time?

The calls I'm thinking of are those you make to convert an OS-supplied
time_t (file) system timestamp to YMDHMS etc.

I.e. even Windows (which uses a seconds-based timestamp with 100 ns
resolution) has calls exactly like that. Those are the calls that would
need to be updated in order to work in (TAI * 1e7).

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>