[ntp:questions] I don't understand "Restrict" statements!

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jan 22 11:25:06 UTC 2015

On 19/01/2015 17:53, Paul wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 4:55 AM, David Taylor <
> david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I get errors flagged at the points marked with "X" below:
>>

> Did you upgrade the version of NTPd?  I don't think older versions checked
> for or cared about invalid keywords.
>

>> I've tried reading the documentation, but it has failed to enlighten me
>> sufficiently!
>>

> Everything (nominally) permitted on a restrict line is listed here: <
> http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/accopt.html>

Thanks, David, William and Paul.

I have now updated the restrict statements and got NTP to start without
error messages.  Yes, I am using the most recently released version of
NTP as I try to test on Windows as a small contribution to helping the
effort.

Some examples of useful, working restrict statements might be a welcome
addition to that Web page.

--
Cheers,
David