[ntp:questions] shm driver for linux parallel port updated for nanoseconds

gnu not unix gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us
Sun Jan 25 22:55:16 UTC 2015

Hi Folks--

I've updated the shm driver for linux parallel port pps to support
the nanosecond timestamp via clock_gettime. The version has been
added to my web page as shm-ns.c:

http://www.wraith.sf.ca.us/ntp/index.html#parallel-port

It's worked for a day now so it must be ready for release. Cough.

My test system was Gentoo running  linux 3.18.3 with glibc (Gentoo
2.20-r1 p3). BTW its cool to see the extra resolution bits reported
via ntpq -c rv in the "offset" field. My test system has routinely
been reporting offsets less than a microsecond:

http://www.wraith.sf.ca.us/ntp/rrd/index.html

If you have comments, bug reports, patches, well they are appreciated.

Yours for happy chiming--

Steve
gnu at wraith.sf.ca.us