[ntp:questions] Leap second configuration with 4.2.2p1

Kiss Gábor kissg at niif.hu
Wed Jun 3 14:40:15 UTC 2015

> > Oh, Jeez. I mean 4.2.2p1.
> > Sorry for confusion.
>
> Check your vendor docs:
> https://access.redhat.com/articles/15145

I'm afraid it contains no relevant information.
(Except that my kernels can freeze.)-:

> https://access.redhat.com/articles/199563
> or upgrade RHEL or ntp package to current releases to fix issues.

As I wrote earlier RHEL upgrade is not an option.
These hosts I write about are part of two 4 years old HP supercomputer
clusters. HP does not allow us to change the OS. This is due to
Ibrix file server issues.

> You may need to build ntp from source if you can not upgrade RHEL or ntp.
> You need a support account to see other articles and patches.

I think the cheapest solution is cease public NTP service on these
hosts two hours before leap second until I check if everything is normal.
It is better to say nothing to the clients rather than sending false information.

Gabor