[ntp:questions] Leap second resources

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 08:59:40 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 05:52:47PM +0200, Marco Marongiu wrote:
> As you may have noticed from my messages in this list, I've also been
> running leap second simulations with ntpd on Debian during the past few
> weeks. If you're using Debian Linux systems you may find the post I've
> just published useful:
>
> http://syslog.me/2015/06/04/a-humble-attempt-to-work-around-the-leap-second-2015-edition/

That is an interesting idea to use -x on both server and client. Does
it make the leap second correction easier for the clients to follow
and reduce the offset between them? In your offset plot there are two
large (~0.5 second) swings. It doesn't look like the client is fast
enough to follow that, but maybe the course of the correction is less
variable?

In my tests when only clients were using -x I saw offsets between them
up to 0.8 seconds when one client overshoot a lot and the other
didn't.

--
Miroslav Lichvar