[ntp:questions] ntp.4.2.8 not supporting sha1

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sat Dec 10 03:20:16 UTC 2016

On 12/9/2016 1:20 AM, sneha b wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am building ntp.4.2.8, source code I got from ntp.org.
> We have openssl1.0.2, but the ntpd.exe is not supporting sha1.
> Its only supporting MD5 till key id 10.
> Can some one point me what are all the openssl libraries needed for
> supporting SHA1 and also openssl version is correct.

Make sure you put it in your keys file in upper case SHA1. I'm not sure
we are checking case or forcing it to uppercase. I've been building on
OpenSSL 1.0.1j and it works fine. What does the line in your keys file
look like? (You can XXXX out the salt). What do you mean by key id 10?
what does the logs say during startup? Did you specify the keyid as a
trustedkey or if for control the requestkey or controlkey? Your report
is a bit vague.

> OS I am testing on is windowss7.

yep. Works for me on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.

Danny