[ntp:questions] Best NMEA sentence

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Sun Feb 21 18:22:31 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Neil Green <ncguk at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> A supplementary question: when searching for ways to make an NTP server
> better, I find FreeBSD recommended a lot

That's the result of a fundamental misunderstanding.  Most people using NTP
want to synchronize a network of computers in which case network effects
(latency, jitter and load) will dominate the error.  There are some people
that simply want the most accurate system clock (for timestamping events on
that computer).  In that circumstance I suggest a system designed with that
end in mind.