[ntp:questions] How to specify interface for multicastclient

Charles Elliott elliott.ch at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 11:11:21 UTC 2016

How to configure broadcast mode is in confopt.html in the NTP documentation
that comes with the Meinberg distribution for Windows.  It is easy to set up
too.  For the broadcast delay option, I averaged the delay between computers
from loopstats and divided by 2.  For me, back in the day when I was running
several computers for processing SETI at Home work units, it was a huge
success.  Jitter went down to almost nothing, and the computers were in
lockstep with each other timewise, but a LAN in a home environment is VERY
lightly loaded.  The results could be different on a LAN with a lot of
chatter.

BTW, the way I found the documentation again for broadcast mode was by
pointing AstroGrep at C:\Program Files (x86)\NTP\doc\HTML, searching for
"broadcast," and then reading the files located until I recognized the
correct page.  Since the letter 'C' comes near the head of the alphabet, it
did not take long.

Charles Elliott