[ntp:questions] Fwd: Fwd: Re: ntp orphan sync time after boot

Rini van Zetten rini at arvoo.nl
Fri Jan 15 12:40:02 UTC 2016

Hi Bronto,

It seems that i have to speed up the server. It takes 5 minutes before its state(refid) changes from .INIT. to 127.0.0.1 (with ntpq -p on the client).

But on the server i have no server defined, only "tos orphan 8" , so i cannot pass iburst.

Regards,

Rini

On 15-01-16 09:40, Marco Marongiu wrote:
> On 14/01/16 15:26, Rini van Zetten wrote:
>> The problem we have is that it takes about 5 minutes after boot
>> before the devices are synchronised. Is there anything possible to
>> speed up this process ?
> See the burst/iburst options, that should help
>
> Ciao
> -- bronto

*Rini van Zetten*
/Senior Software Engineer/