[ntp:questions] Making ntpd tweak a TCXO

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Thu Jan 28 01:30:46 UTC 2016

If this is a TCXO that uses the voltage input as a trim (otherwise
internally regulating the temperature on its own) then you may actually
be better off using a D-to-A converter (something like 16-bit
resolution) than PWM on the input.  The result will be more stable
(jitter in the trim signal will translate to jitter in your oscillator
output and the PWM from many general purpose microcontrollers is not
very stable for this kind of application, it's more aligned towards
running servo motors)