[ntp:questions] NTP not reading from /etc/ntp.conf?

Dan Geist dan at polter.net
Thu Aug 3 12:59:53 UTC 2017

Check the process running with something like "ps -Aef | grep ntpd" to be sure things are running how you think they are. "/etc/ntp.conf" is the default but there may be something passing an alternate config file to the daemon with the -c flag on startup.

Also, see if you have something like timemaster running. It manages multiple time protocol sources (like ntp, p2p...) and rewrites configs for them as needed.

Dan

--
Dan Geist dan(@)polter.net