[ntp:questions] How to keep fake time in past/future?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at tmsw.no
Wed Dec 6 07:27:55 UTC 2017

romain.cordonnier at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have the same need as Cristian.
>
> I am working on a data processing project which is designed to run
> for 25 years.
>
> The customer wants us to run data processing simulation at any time
> (past/present/future) from 2018 to 2043.
>
> Is to possible to build-up a fake "stratum 0" NTP server ?

There is a project which created just what you need a fake-ntp which
sits between a real NTP server and a subnet which needs to fake a
different time period, it works by always adding/subtracting a
configurable offset between the external time and the time it returns to
an ntp client.
I can't find it now, but there is at least one github project which
seems like it could be helpful, it is written in Python:

https://github.com/olavmrk/fake_ntp_server

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>