[ntp:questions] 1000s offset between GPS module and NTP servers

Lloyd Dizon thecarrionkind at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:43:13 UTC 2017

Hi.
See below.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org>
wrote:

> On 23/01/17 12:25, Lloyd Dizon wrote:
> > I've installed a GPS module on a Raspberry Pi and I'm getting 1000ms
> > offsets between the GPS readings and network NTPs.
>
> Could you show us the relevant extracts from your ntp.conf file related
> to the GPS source? That is: at least the server line and any fudge lines?

enable mode7

# Local
#server 127.127.1.0
#fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10

# GPS with PPS enabled
server 127.127.20.0 mode 17 minpoll 6 maxpoll 6 iburst true prefer
fudge 127.127.20.0 time1 1 flag1 1 refid GPS

# Internet time servers for sanity
server 0.ch.pool.ntp.org iburst prefer
server 1.ch.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.ch.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 3.ch.pool.ntp.org iburst

# By default, exchange time with everybody, but don't allow configuration.
restrict default kod limited nomodify notrap nopeer noquery
restrict -6 default kod limited nomodify notrap nopeer noquery

# Local users may interrogate the ntp server more closely.
restrict 127.0.0.1
restrict -6 ::1

# Drift file etc.
driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift