[ntp:questions] How can i make sure that how much time ntp is adjusting one day

William Unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Mon Aug 6 01:06:38 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-05, aashish.chugh at fonantrix.com <aashish.chugh at fonantrix.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing time drifting problem in my production env.
>
> I install ntp on my linux server and configure that.
>
> i enable the ntp, how can end of the day i can get the total time which ntp adjusted.
>
> when i execute ntpstat command i can see following output
>
> synchronised to NTP server (169.254.169.123) at stratum 4
>    time correct to within 9 ms
>    polling server every 8 s

That poll interval is really short, and if you are getting the time from a
server that you do not control, they could get really really annoyed with you
and cut you off.

That is a link local address, so I do not know what it is you are using as a
server. Could you post your ntp.conf file.

> is there is anything need to do.

Use a decent server?