[ntp:questions] Trying to reply to an NTP Questions request I get this

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed Aug 21 20:01:45 UTC 2019

On 21/08/2019 17:42, David Taylor wrote:
> You are not allowed to post to this mailing list From: a domain which
> publishes a DMARC policy of reject or quarantine,

blueyonder doesn't appear to publish any DMARC policy.  Did you actually
use a blueyonder address as the header From:?  It is also possible that
they tried one and it broke too many things.

They do seem to have a DKIM signature that includes the subject, so any
mailing list that rewrites the subject will break the signature.  Most
mailing lists rewrite the subject, if it doesn't have the list tag in it.

I imagine the list software isn't doing a fully analysis of DMARC and
DKIM to see if relayed mail will fail, but just looking for specific
things in the DMARC policy to know whether a failure would be a problem
for the list.

I'm assuming it is well behaved and rewrites the envelope from so that
SPF will pass the mail. Otherwise it will be generating SPF failures,
downstream.